Friday, June 19, 2009

Impact day

Yesterday I got a call from a colleague. We talked about work. About the initiative she's rolling out for the new financial year. I told her I won't be affected by the initiative since I'm leaving. I waited at the other side of the line, thinking that she would be surprised. Afterall it hasn't been officially announced yet. Instead, I was the one caught by surprise.

She said I made an impact to her though she was only here for less than 6 months. She was motivated by my cheery attitude in office. She was very sad apparently. Being the cold, negative cynic moulded by the corporate environment we work in, I would have rolled eyes and brushed this off as patronising. But I actually felt touched.  I never thought she would felt this way. Especially not when I'm so skeptical about how she could lead and improve things in her super messy department. Accordingly to her, I'm so cheerful and bubbly and therefore probably the last person she thought would leave the firm. Haha. I was cheerful and bubbly. Now I'm just so tired, but the call did lift me up abit. Maybe I should spend more time taking phone calls in office to get more boost! Yellow yellow, can you purplely call me in opi? I'll definitely pink up your phone! Wahaha...

2 comments:

donut said...

Where are you heading to?

Jellbell from Hell said...

I call you black! muahahahhahaa