Friday, November 26, 2010

Oriental style quakers oats

I love lup cheongs. 
Especially those big juicy ones from BKK, 
which were introduced to me from a friend who loves to cook. 
She said if you love lup cheongs, you will surely love those from BKK. 
Add them to porridge... wooo heavenly!
Somehow the people from the land of smiles are able to make their lup cheongs 
juicier (or maybe oilier haha?) than the chinese ones.

Since I've got some BKK lup cheongs with me, I got inspired last evening 
and decided to try adding some to my quakers oats...

First I diced one sausage into little cubes like this.

Next I boiled some ikan bilis soup as the base.
Then I mixed the lup cheongs, a pinch of har bee hiam and some fried shallots 
into the ikan bilis oat porridge.
This is what you get when you mixed them together...
Hahaha, ya it does look abit gross. But trust me, it's really tasty! 
A savoury oriental style oats porridge.

No comments: