Monday, April 02, 2007

The Opera and The Crab

Having watching it for the second time a decade apart (oh my goodness, 10 years oredi!), I still ranked it my no. 1 musical...

The mock-accident in which the chandelier almost fell on the audience..... the lomantic boat rowing in the labyrinth underground (missed a big chunk of this cos our seats are category: restricted view, sad, one of my favourite scenes)..... Christine, Raoul and Phantom playing catching at the roof of the opera house and then at the underground (missed part of these too)..... the explosives that Phantom fired..... haha, sounds like circus, but I still love it all! :)

If there's going to be a third time, I swear I'm not going to get the restricted view seats again. They are not called restricted view for nothing lor. Bird eye's view of everyone in the theatre, but what for you tell me. Who's there to see who's there to watch a musical? Definitely not me. Although for the first time I managed to see all the expressions and the elaborate details on the costumes when the scenes were acted at the outer half of the stage, I could only use my ears and imagine when the scenes were acted at the other half of the stage. And I can't see Box No. 5! Boohoo! But then again, the tickets were cheap, so I shan't complain further.

Ms Eng risked being barred from esplanade for life and took this photo of us. No prize for guessing what sign I was doing. Wohohoho... :)

In return, I took a no-better picture of them and was caught by the esplanade staff. Lousy me. Haha.
FYI: Ms Eng and her Ah-Lao were the 2 dots next to the exit on the higher level.

******************************************

Jap desserts not included, had them at Marina Sq while waiting for the princess to arrive...

Met Spurty Princess and her Tyre for our usual Saturday nite pig-out session.... The problem with us was we always meet for late dinner and there are only so few good places that we know that are still in active operation after 9pm. Supposed to be trying out a recommended crab beehoon place at geylang, but ended up at our favourite world's best SinMa Live Frog-cum-Zi Char place also at geylang. Heh heh bcos somebody thought the crab beehoon was at lorong 25 instead of lorong 35. Paiseh :) but we still had an enjoyable and satisfying meal rite? Had chilli crabs, yum yum, marmite chicken and live frogs of cos! As you could see from the charred mini-wok, the steamy boiling frogs with essence of chicken was so good that we finished it before I could even take a picture of it. Haha.

Can't wait to try out the dim sum place at Bencoolen Street too! Hungry as I'm typing this... So when when when?

No comments: